Are you passionate about plants? Do you want to have a beautiful garden but have no clue where to start? The Morgan County Master Gardeners Association can help!
The Morgan County Master Gardeners Association is a not-for-profit organization operating under the umbrella of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System. Master Gardeners are trained volunteers who offer the local community reliable and relevant gardening information and education opportunities.
Some of the association’s activities in Morgan County include:
- Monthly “Lunch and Learn” educational programs that are free to the public at the Decatur Aquadome Recreation Center on the second Wednesday of each month, February through November
- The “Ask A Master Gardener” table, which provides horticultural information and soil pH testing at community events and local farmers markets
- A grant program for local schools that assists them in planning and developing outdoor classrooms
- A college scholarship for a local student
- Support for the Hospice of the Valley’s garden and plants for their clients
- Support for the design and development of community gardens, parks, and exhibits
- Donations of gardening publications to the local library
- Donations of hundreds of plants to local projects
One of the Master Gardeners’ largest programs is the Annual Plant Sale. This year, you can join the Morgan County Master Gardeners at their Annual Plant Sale on April 15-16, 2023, at the Point Mallard Expo Pavilion.
The Annual Plant Sale is a perfect place to get inspired with gardening ideas, with hundreds of plants available to satisfy any gardening need or skill level.
Plus, the revenue from the Annual Plant Sale funds the Morgan County Master Gardeners’ community projects, so you can purchase plants knowing that you are helping our community bloom even brighter.